VA TNC Process
You are required to demonstrate proof of TNC approval in order to provide TNC services in Virginia. There are three different ways you can apply for TNC approval.
Note: The Virginia DMV will NOT accept temporary registrations. Your vehicle must be titled in your state of residence and have been issued a permanent registration before completing the steps below. Once your new vehicle is validly titled and registered, you can apply for TNC. A dealership has 30 days to complete the sale. You may contact the dealership where you purchased your vehicle and attempt to expedite this process.
1) Register your vehicle online:
- Virginia titled vehicles can register online here through a MyDMV Account. Applicants who do not have a MyDMV account can create an account and then register the vehicle for TNC use. You can find detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to register online here.
- Non-Virginia titled vehicles can register online here by uploading a copy of the Transportation Network Company (TNC) Registration Application and a copy of the vehicle registration.
2) Visit any Virginia DMV Customer Service Center. The CSC will scan a copy of your documents to the Virginia DMV headquarters. You can find the closest DMV to you by clicking this link.
3) Print out a copy of the Transportation Network Company (TNC) Registration Application and a copy of your vehicle's current registration and fax it or mail it to the following address:
Department of Motor Vehicles
Motor Carrier Services (TNC)
P. O. Box 27412
Richmond, Virginia 23269-0001
Once you have obtained TNC approval for your vehicle,upload proof of TNC approval. Click here for examples of TNC approval.